It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:55 pm

Tennis in future 
Site Admin

Post Tennis in future
What will be the tennis in future? What will be the dominant style? What will change with players/games?

I think about that and I know its going to more and more power. Players are faster, stronger and it will be developed. What about technique? I think it will be more emphasis on closing in and volley punches because it will be harder to knock-out so fast opponents from the baseline. What about game? I think ATP and WTA could introduce some new rules like heighten the net up to slow down. Everybody can agree that longer rallies with changing opportunities are more exciting for fans than 2-second winners exchange. Every sport changes rules so I think it is the time to think about that.
What do you think?

Sat May 12, 2012 2:46 am
Profile E-mail

---------
Post Re: Tennis in future
Undoubtedly, tennis like other sports is supposed to develop. Probably, players will be submit to larger workloads and competitive requirements and will have to become more comprehensive than are nowadays. Serve-and-volley, as the most offensive and other playing strategies will not be sufficient to dominate tournaments.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 am
Profile E-mail